The-Hordies Foren-Übersicht
The-Hordies auf Blackhand
FAQ  °  Suchen  °  Mitgliederliste  °  Benutzergruppen  ° Registrieren  °  Profil  °  Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen  °  Login 

Photoalbum     
known in coaching circles as "packaging plays

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    The-Hordies Foren-Übersicht -> Crash,Buggs,Fehler etc...
Das Thema drucken | Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Autor Nachricht
vit51974
Meister Peon

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Nov 30, 2012 11:54 am    Titel: known in coaching circles as "packaging plays Antworten mit Zitat

This was evident early. On the first drive, Griffin threw a number of quick screen passes to his receivers, apparently in a ploy to ease the young quarterback into the game with short, simple throws. The truth is that these plays weren’t simple at all. Actually,Moncler Vest, they required more from Griffin as he was forced to decide whether to hand off the ball, keep it himself, or toss a quick pass to a receiver. As ESPN's Dan Graziano reported after the game:
I asked Shanahan if this had been by design — if he'd set up that first drive with those quick passes to help his rookie get into the rhythm of the game without facing pressure from the Saints' defense or pressure to go through progressions while he got his feet under him. Because I figured, if it had been, it was a pretty smart idea.
"No,Spyder Coats, he has options on those plays," Shanahan said,Spyder ski. "He decided to run it that way."
This idea, known in coaching circles as "packaging plays," is the newest and most effective development in football. By blending passes and screens with running plays, the quarterback can decide who gets the ball based on what the defense does, and in turn, turn the defense’s own decision into its own fatal mistake. It's a credit to Griffin that although he may not be ready to be Tom Brady on a drop-back pass, his coaches trusted him to be the point guard of his offense,Spyder ski. It's triple-option football, translated and transmuted into something palatable for the pros, and it worked. The credit goes to Shanahan for evolving with the times and embracing a style his young quarterback is comfortable with.In the newspaper business at the time, the sports section was considered the playpen of the newsroom. People were not highly compensated. Six figures was unusual even at the senior ranks,Moncler Coat.
Fleder: I would field calls regularly from guys saying, "I just want to talk to you so I can go back to my boss and tell him I talked to The National to try to get some more money." We were paying very well. From what I gather, in the experience of the ink-stained wretches we were hiring, it was unprecedented.
Kindred: We offered Jim Murray $1 million. That was a Van idea. Murray said no.
Doria: They came back at me again about becoming one of two executive editors — the other was Rob Fleder — and basically overseeing the news operation. Ultimately, I think I was seduced by the notion of working with all these people who I had known for years from all over the country,Moncler down jackets.
Pierce: I was at the National League playoffs in Chicago that year,Spyder Coats, and they called me up with the offer. It just absolutely floored me. It was six figures, right off the top. I almost fell out of my chair.
Doria: There's no doubt that there was a sense that money could be spent. Part of the whole thing was that money was spent in areas that it didn't have to be spent,Moncler Jackets. The $52,000 brass eagle in our lobby.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden
Forendino

Verfasst am: Fr Nov 30, 2012 11:54 am    Titel: Ähnliche Themen

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    The-Hordies Foren-Übersicht -> Crash,Buggs,Fehler etc... Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Seite 1 von 1

Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.

Impressum des Forums | Gratis Forum für Ihre Homepage - Forendino.de | Powered by © phpBB Group